10 Things That Might Convince Me to Use Facebook
Generally, I hate Facebook for a bunch of different reasons, so I challenged myself to make a list of 10 changes that could convince me to become a regular "Facecrack" user.
I restricted the list to actionable changes that could technically be done and avoided things like; ridding the service of SJWs, angry trolls, and radical progressive moderators.
Here are my 10 Facebook changes in no particular order:
- If I could easily embed my own Adsense into Facebook groups or pages.
- If Facebook showed your page posts to the vast majority of the people that like your page (especially the followers you paid Facebook for through ads).
- If I could anonymously flag posts as whiny, SJW'esk, or other adjectives to help friends understand how they come across without starting an argument.
- If I could set my timeline to auto-expire or quickly and easily wipe my entire profile.
- If Facebook refunded me for the followers I purchased (see #2)
- If the Facebook desktop site didn't run so horribly slow.
- If I had more freedom to edit/enhance posts that published through a feed.
- If I could flag and auto-hide "click bait" permanently.
- If Facebook had "DoFollow links".
- If I could create, tweak, and embed a custom search based on people, pages, and locations I choose.
I realize that some of these changes are totally impractical from a business point of view and none of them are very likely to happen, nevertheless, they are my 10 things.